Brainchild Studios (BCS) is a boutique digital content marketing and website creation agency primarily serving brands targeting Millennial Moms through customer research and digital strategies.
Our vision is for women to build the futures they dream for themselves and their families. While we are a small agency, we are mighty and we are very proud of the ways in which we’re able to take care of our team. It’s incredibly important to us to walk the walk. Not just gab. We also take great pride in the work we do and our mission is to be the leading strategic digital content marketing partner for brands targeting American Millennial Moms. The bread and butter that holds us together are our following values:
- We prioritize people. We believe people matter most and we treat all people as whole humans, with respect, kindness, and empathy.
- We are thoughtful, intentional, and curious. We’re smart, resourceful, creative problem solvers who are always learning and challenging the status quo.
- We act with integrity. We do what we say we’re going to do and we’re honest in what we stand for and who we are.
- We have fun. Life is too short and too beautiful to not enjoy it.
We operate as a virtual agency allowing us the flexibility to handpick the best talent from wherever they may reside. We provide the same quality of service and deliverables as the big agencies and pride ourselves on our approachability, work ethic, and depth of expertise. Why wouldn’t we though, when our team members average 7-10 years of industry experience in their respective fields? That’s right, we wouldn’t.
We do good work for good people and that’s the way we like it.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Account & Client Strategy Director at Brainchild Studios needs to wear many hats. You will join us as a core leadership team member and be responsible for leading our Account Management team as well as securing new business opportunities and forwarding the growth of the organization. You will also be responsible for managing a few large clients and rolling up your sleeves to step in whenever and wherever needed. This may mean helping to fill in for an Account Manager on vacation or helping to login to a WordPress website to make a timely update.
You don’t need to be an expert developer or a skilled web designer, but you do need to know a little bit about everything, understand how it works together, best practices for each core element, be capable of helping to drive digital strategy for our clients, and most importantly, develop and build relationships with our clients and act in their best interests. We imagine someone with eight to 12 years of experience would be appropriate for this role.
As Account & Client Strategy Director, you will be the main liaison between the Account Team and the CEO. You will also help to facilitate new business opportunities and account growth. You need to understand the business problems the client is trying to solve and provide your expertise and recommendations.
You need to identify as a leader. A doer. A humble yet confident team player. You will be internally and externally facing, so it’s integral that you embody the values and characteristics we hold near and dear to our hearts.
- Start Date: Immediately
- Where: Remote
- Hours: Varies
- Employment Status: Project-Based Independent Contractor with the potential to turn into full or part-time employment
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE (but will not be limited to):
- Account Team & Company Leadership
- Step in and fill in gaps when needed. Whether assisting in execution, covering for an AM who is on vacation, etc.
- Helping to hire and build this team.
- Help build a more efficient and productive account management system.
- Continued education (deliverables and leadership).
- Grow and lead our Account Management team. Help the team grow as leaders, professionals, and people.
- Client Strategy & Business Development
- Lead overall BCS client strategy.
- Help secure new business from net new clients and grow existing.
- Participate in new business pitches, ideation, annual reviews, etc.
- Conduct website audits.
- Client Relationships (manage 1-3 major clients to begin)
- Organize and manage calls with clients as mentioned in the scope of work.
- Attend client-facing engagements, etc.
- Understand the client’s brand and act as a brand ambassador for the client with the internal team, making sure all work is on-brand.
- Build positive relationships with our clients.
- Provide business/marketing strategic recommendations for our clients, always acting in their best interests.
- Coordinate with our Engagement Director to ensure we are properly supporting our clients throughout the year.
- Team Communication & Support
- Set up a communication pattern with the team you’re managing. You’ll want to confirm the most effective cadence as everyone learns differently and may have varied availabilities.
- Communicate all branding, requests, preferences, etc. from the client to the internal team.
- Responsible for ensuring all clients are serviced to the best of our ability.
- Contribute to team activities, share colleague kudos in our monthly newsletter, and make sure to acknowledge work well done. It’s super important that you are the cheerleader of your internal team and bubble up good news to share with the company at large! Recognition is important!
YOU MIGHT DESCRIBE YOURSELF AS:
- A proud feminist
- Detail-oriented and extremely organized
- Charming personality (not just my mom thinks so)
- Proactive and effective communicator
- Resourceful, creative, problem solver
- Critical thinker
- Humble/Servant leader
- Excellent written and verbal communicator (because words matter and so does grammar)
- Awesome time manager
- Positive, assertive, go-getter, hands-on team player
- Entrepreneurial creative problem solver
- Project manager that likes to take ownership from start to finish
- Digital content strategist
- Digital marketing guru (not to brag, but yeah, I know things)
- Full of grit and tenacity
- Super fun and, gosh darn it, people like me
- Always five minutes early
- Wildly efficient
THINGS YOU’VE DONE BEFORE AND WOULD LIKE TO BRING ON OVER TO OUR TEAM
- Worked in a small business/agency.
- Crafted multi-platform digital content marketing strategies.
- Lead account management and client strategy teams/initiatives.
- Worked for ecommerce brands.
- Created original content (written, multimedia, etc)
- Distributed and managed the execution of multi-platform digital content.
- Managed WordPress websites.
- Executed email campaigns.
- Understand the basics of SEO and Yoast SEO plugin.
- Understand how to optimize a multi-platform user journey.
- Managed multi-platform digital marketing initiatives and can provide strategic recommendations for implementing and executing integrated online marketing campaigns.
- Managed a multi-functional team of designers, developers, and copywriters and can effectively communicate with all of them.
- Taken great pride in your team and enjoy opportunities to publicly thank and recognize them.
- Worked with digital marketing automation platforms (specifically email platforms).
- Worked with WordPress, Active Campaign, Zapier, MailChimp, Asana, Google Business Suite, and marketing automation platforms.
THIS WILL NOT BE A GOOD FIT IF YOU
- Don’t care.
- Are not thoughtful, intentional, or curious.
- Don't act with integrity.
- Aren’t interested in being part of a kickass team of badass women.
- Are not a self-motivator.
- Are not a fan of feedback.
- Don’t have a desire for continued improvement.
- Don’t like to be accountable for yourself and your actions.
- Like to do the bare minimum and don’t believe in quality work.
- Want to track your time in 15-minute increments.
- Are not interested in supporting your team and building camaraderie.
- Can’t log in to the backend of a WordPress website and make minor edits on your own.
- Don’t want to roll up your sleeves and do what needs to be done (within reason, of course).
WHY SHOULD YOU WANT TO WORK WITH US?
- Because we’re awesome, duh!?
- We work hard and play hard.
- You’ll play a super important role in the entire growth and success of the company.
- You’ll work directly with our top leadership team.
- We provide ultimate flexibility working remotely.
- We have an amazing team culture full of smart, talented, kind, funny, wildly impressive women.
- We do work we’re proud of for people who appreciate us with people we’re proud to call our friends.
- As a part-time employee, you’ll earn access to a 401k, with company match, and profit share.
COMPANY COMMUNICATIONS & AVAILABILITY
- You are not expected to be sitting at a computer from 9am to 5pm. However, we will establish a schedule that works for you. Ideally, you’ll be able to check email at least every few hours.
- You are not expected to work on weekends or evenings, however, every once in a while, it might be needed.
- If you’re taking a vacation or know you’ll be out of the “office,” please communicate with your supervisor. This is important to know to factor into deadlines as well. Please update the BCS Team Vacation & OOO Calendar with time you’ll be off the grid.
- You are expected to represent Brainchild Studios in a positive, professional manner and act and speak in a positive way about our team, our work, our clients, and the company as a whole. We work too hard not to say nice things!
- We hope you have fun and enjoy the work you do!
If this sounds like fun and could be a good fit to you, please reach out to email@example.com with a PDF of your resume, what you’d like to learn, what skills you have to share, and why you think you’d be a good fit at Brainchild Studios!