Brainchild Studios (BCS) is a boutique digital content marketing and website creation agency primarily serving brands targeting Millennial Moms through customer research and digital strategies.
Our vision is for women to build the futures they dream for themselves and their families. While we are a small agency, we are mighty and we are very proud of the ways in which we’re able to take care of our team. It’s incredibly important to us to walk the walk. Not just gab. We also take great pride in the work we do and our mission is to be the leading strategic digital content marketing partner for brands targeting American Millennial Moms. The bread and butter that holds us together are our following values:
- We prioritize people. We believe people matter most and we treat all people as whole humans, with respect, kindness, and empathy.
- We are thoughtful, intentional, and curious. We’re smart, resourceful, creative problem solvers who are always learning and challenging the status quo.
- We act with integrity. We do what we say we’re going to do and we’re honest in what we stand for and who we are.
- We have fun. Life is too short and too beautiful to not enjoy it.
We operate as a virtual agency allowing us the flexibility to handpick the best talent from wherever they may reside. We provide the same quality of service and deliverables as the big agencies and pride ourselves on our approachability, work ethic, and depth of expertise. Why wouldn’t we though, when our team members average 7-10 years of industry experience in their respective fields? That’s right, we wouldn’t.
We do good work for good people and that’s the way we like it.
ABOUT THE ROLE
An Email Strategist at Brainchild Studios should expect to be called on as a leader in their field. We imagine someone with three to six years of experience would be appropriate for this role. As Email Strategist, your role is to be the expert in setting up email marketing campaigns, automations, logistics, CRM databases, etc. You need to understand the business problems our clients are trying to solve and provide your expertise and recommendations.
You’ll need to be a resourceful problem solver and be able to operate relatively independently, but also know when it’s important to tap your Account Manager or leadership to help facilitate. You must be diligent, detail-oriented, and meticulous in your work.
- Start Date: Immediately
- Where: Remote
- Hours: Varies
- Employment Status: Project-Based Independent Contractor
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE (but will not be limited to):
- Email Execution
- Email marketing campaign creation
- Some email marketing copy (or at a minimum provide direction to a copywriter)
- Email marketing automation
- CRM database management
- Email preference center set-up
- Email audience list scrub and segmentation
YOU MIGHT DESCRIBE YOURSELF AS:
- A proud feminist
- Detail-oriented and extremely organized
- Charming personality (not just my mom thinks so)
- Proactive and effective communicator
- Resourceful, creative, problem solver
- Critical thinker
- Excellent written and verbal communicator (because words matter and so does grammar)
- Awesome time manager
- Positive, assertive, go-getter, and a real team player
- Entrepreneurial creative problem solver
- Technical/automation/digital strategist
- Digital marketing guru (not to brag, but yeah, I know things)
- Full of grit and tenacity
- Super fun and, gosh darn it, people like me
- Straight shooter, no-bs
- Wildly efficient
THINGS YOU’VE DONE BEFORE AND WOULD LIKE TO BRING ON OVER TO OUR TEAM
- Worked in a small business/agency.
- Worked client-side in mid-sized or large companies.
- Worked in ecommerce.
- Created multi-step email automation campaigns.
- Increased business KPIs for clients via email marketing.
- Built and launched welcome, remarketing, cart abandoner, segmentation, user journey, etc. email campaigns.
- Crafted tailored user journeys and executed supporting email campaigns.
- Set up event tracking in Google Analytics.
- Worked with numerous backend integrations and automation platforms (specifically email platforms).
- Worked with WordPress, Active Campaign, Zapier, MailChimp, HubSpot, Asana, Google Business Suite, and marketing automation platforms.
THIS WILL NOT BE A GOOD FIT IF YOU
- Don’t care.
- Are not thoughtful, intentional, or curious.
- Don't act with integrity.
- Aren’t interested in being part of a kickass team of badass women.
- Are not a self-motivator.
- Are not a fan of feedback.
- Don’t have a desire for continued improvement.
- Don’t like to be accountable for yourself and your actions.
- Like to do the bare minimum and don’t believe in quality work.
- Want to track your time in 15-minute increments.
- Are not interested in supporting your team and building camaraderie.
- Can’t log in to the backend of a WordPress website and make minor edits on your own.
- Don’t want to roll up your sleeves and do what needs to be done (within reason, of course).
WHY SHOULD YOU WANT TO WORK WITH US?
- Because we’re awesome, duh!?
- We work hard and play hard.
- You’ll play a super important role in the entire growth and success of the company.
- You’ll work directly with our top leadership team.
- We provide ultimate flexibility working remotely.
- We have an amazing team culture full of smart, talented, kind, funny, wildly impressive women.
- We do work we’re proud of for people who appreciate us with people we’re proud to call our friends.
- As a part-time employee, you’ll earn access to a 401k, with company match, and profit share.
COMPANY COMMUNICATIONS & AVAILABILITY
- You are not expected to be sitting at a computer from 9am to 5pm. However, we will establish a schedule that works for you. Ideally, you’ll be able to check email at least every few hours.
- You are not expected to work on weekends or evenings, however, every once in a while, it might be needed.
- If you’re taking a vacation or know you’ll be out of the “office,” please communicate with your supervisor. This is important to know to factor into deadlines as well. Please update the BCS Team Vacation & OOO Calendar with time you’ll be off the grid.
- You are expected to represent Brainchild Studios in a positive, professional manner and act and speak in a positive way about our team, our work, our clients, and the company as a whole. We work too hard not to say nice things!
- We hope you have fun and enjoy the work you do!
If this sounds like fun and could be a good fit to you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with a PDF of your resume, what you’d like to learn, what skills you have to share, and why you think you’d be a good fit at Brainchild Studios!