Brainchild Studios® (BCS) is the international award-winning thought leadership marketing partner for visionaries with big dreams and lean teams seeking more time, lower overhead, and greater peace of mind.
Our vision is for women to build the futures they dream for themselves and their families. While we are a boutique marketing agency, we are mighty and we are very proud of the ways in which we’re able to take care of our team. It’s incredibly important to us to walk the walk. Not just gab. We also take great pride in the work we do and our mission is to be the best thought leadership marketing partner for visionaries with big dreams and lean teams seeking more time, lower overhead, and greater peace of mind. The bread and butter that holds us together are our following values:
- We are feminists. We create opportunities for all voices to be heard and valued because life should not be limited by gender.
- We prioritize people. We believe people matter most and we treat all people as whole humans, with respect, kindness, and empathy.
- We are thoughtful, intentional, and curious. We’re smart, resourceful, creative problem solvers who are always learning and challenging the status quo.
- We act with integrity. We do what we say we’re going to do and we’re honest in what we stand for and who we are.
- We have fun. We seek extraordinary lives balancing our hard work with joy, laughter, and celebration.
We operate as a virtual agency allowing us the flexibility to handpick the best talent from wherever they may reside. We provide the same quality of service and deliverables as the big agencies and pride ourselves on our approachability, work ethic, and depth of expertise. Why wouldn’t we though, when our team members average 7-12 years of industry experience in their respective fields? That’s right, we wouldn’t.
We do good work for good people and that’s the way we like it.
ABOUT THE ROLE
An Email Marketing & Automation Strategist at Brainchild Studios needs to be prepared to bring their four to eight years of expertise to the table to proactively solve business problems through operational and marketing automation and support numerous content campaigns with their email marketing prowess.
The ideal candidate should have proven success building and managing a variety of email programs for various types of clients and have an entrepreneurial attitude. This is an extremely cross-functional role that will be closely working with creative, content, web and other departments in the company.
You’ll need to be a resourceful problem solver and be able to operate relatively independently, but also know when it’s important to bring in leadership to help facilitate any client issues. You must be a problem solver, a technology lover, adaptive, curious, nimble, resourceful, scrappy, and a great team member. You will largely be internally facing, but may have some client-facing engagements.
- Start Date: Immediately
- Where: Remote
- Hours: Varies
- Employment Status: Project-Based Independent Contractor
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE (but will not be limited to):
- Strategy & Campaign Set-up
- Define and drive email marketing strategy for clients.
- Build an understanding of consumers online/digital journeys, including the interaction between email and complementary online/digital channels.
- Build and manage automated email marketing programs for our clients and ensure end-to-end tracking and proper measurement.]
- Help to set up audience lists, segmentation, email automation campaigns, etc.
- Email Marketing Campaign & Automation Execution
- Build, write, test, deliver, and report on all email marketing campaigns.
- Collaborate with the team to ensure brand guidelines are followed in emails.
- Follow rules and regulations for giveaways, email legalities, etc.
- Follow email best practices, including segmentation, deliverability, copy and design approaches.
- Automate marketing and operational workflows.
- Email Marketing Analysis & Optimization
- Report and provide recommendations on the email program performance monthly.
- Use data to continuously test, measure, and optimize the email marketing program.
- Partner and collaborate cross-functionally with SEO, social media, content and creative teams.
YOU MIGHT DESCRIBE YOURSELF AS:
- A proud feminist
- Detail-oriented and extremely organized
- Proactive and effective communicator
- Resourceful, creative, problem solver
- Critical thinker
- Excellent written and verbal communicator (because words matter and so does grammar)
- Positive, assertive, go-getter, and a real team player
- Entrepreneurial creative problem solver
- Technical/automation/website strategist
- Digital marketing guru (not to brag, but yeah, I know things)
- Full of grit and tenacity
- Super fun and, gosh darn it, people like me
- Technology nerd (in the most loving way)
THINGS YOU’VE DONE BEFORE AND WOULD LIKE TO BRING ON OVER TO OUR TEAM
- Worked in a small business/agency.
- Flexed strong analytical and strategic copywriting skills.
- Mastered A/B testing and optimization
- Analyzed and optimized email campaigns and marketing automation programs.
- Have had hands-on experience with email platforms and CRMs such as MailChimp, Keap, Hubspot, Klaviyo, Salesforce, etc.
- Mastered Zapier.
- Exercised email best practices, including segmentation, deliverability, copy and design approaches.
- Have working knowledge of HTML/CSS for email coding.
- Worked with WordPress, Asana, Google Business Suite, and marketing automation
- Proven track record of sender reputation repair for both B2B and B2C senders.
- Experience with IP/domain warming.
- Ability to interpret antispam rules of all major mailbox providers.
- Experience with Google Postmaster Tools/SNDS.
- Excellent time management skills. Able to handle several tasks at one and concentrate efforts on the most important priorities.
- Experience automating workflows (onboarding, operations, etc.).
THIS WILL NOT BE A GOOD FIT IF YOU
- Don’t care.
- Are not thoughtful, intentional, or curious.
- Don't act with integrity.
- Aren’t interested in being part of a kickass team of badass women.
- Are not a self-motivator.
- Are not a fan of feedback.
- Don’t have a desire for continued improvement.
- Don’t like to be accountable for yourself and your actions.
- Like to do the bare minimum and don’t believe in quality work.
- Want to track your time in 15-minute increments.
- Are not interested in supporting your team and building camaraderie.
- Don't possess the skills required to be successful in this role.
- Don’t want to roll up your sleeves and do what needs to be done (within reason, of course).
WHY SHOULD YOU WANT TO WORK WITH US?
- Because we’re awesome, duh!?
- We work hard and play hard.
- You’ll play a super important role in the entire growth and success of the company.
- You’ll work directly with our top leadership team.
- We provide ultimate flexibility working remotely.
- We have an amazing team culture full of smart, talented, kind, funny, wildly impressive women.
- We do work we’re proud of for people who appreciate us with people we’re proud to call our friends.
- As a part-time employee, you’ll earn access to a 401k, with company match, and profit share.
COMPANY COMMUNICATIONS & AVAILABILITY
- You are not expected to be sitting at a computer from 9am to 5pm. However, we will establish a schedule that works for you. Ideally, you’ll be able to check email at least every few hours.
- You are not expected to work on weekends or evenings, however, every once in a while, it might be needed.
- If you’re taking a vacation or know you’ll be out of the “office,” please communicate with your supervisor. This is important to know to factor into deadlines as well. Please update the BCS Team Vacation & OOO Calendar with time you’ll be off the grid.
- You are expected to represent Brainchild Studios in a positive, professional manner and act and speak in a positive way about our team, our work, our clients, and the company as a whole. We work too hard not to say nice things!
- We hope you have fun and enjoy the work you do!
If this sounds like fun and could be a good fit to you, please reach out to email@example.com with a PDF of your resume, what you’d like to learn, what skills you have to share, and why you think you’d be a good fit at Brainchild Studios!