Brainchild Studios® (BCS) is the international award-winning thought leadership marketing partner for visionaries with big dreams and lean teams seeking more time, lower overhead, and greater peace of mind.
Our vision is for women to build the futures they dream for themselves and their families. While we are a boutique marketing agency, we are mighty and we are very proud of the ways in which we’re able to take care of our team. It’s incredibly important to us to walk the walk. Not just gab. We also take great pride in the work we do and our mission is to be the best thought leadership marketing partner for visionaries with big dreams and lean teams seeking more time, lower overhead, and greater peace of mind. The bread and butter that holds us together are our following values:
- We are feminists. We create opportunities for all voices to be heard and valued because life should not be limited by gender.
- We prioritize people. We believe people matter most and we treat all people as whole humans, with respect, kindness, and empathy.
- We are thoughtful, intentional, and curious. We’re smart, resourceful, creative problem solvers who are always learning and challenging the status quo.
- We act with integrity. We do what we say we’re going to do and we’re honest in what we stand for and who we are.
- We have fun. We seek extraordinary lives balancing our hard work with joy, laughter, and celebration.
We operate as a virtual agency allowing us the flexibility to handpick the best talent from wherever they may reside. We provide the same quality of service and deliverables as the big agencies and pride ourselves on our approachability, work ethic, and depth of expertise. Why wouldn’t we though, when our team members average 7-12 years of industry experience in their respective fields? That’s right, we wouldn’t.
We do good work for good people and that’s the way we like it.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We take great pride in our creative deliverables, so ensuring we have really strong Graphic Designers on our team is critical to maintaining the quality of our work! You will directly with your respective Account Managers/Directors based on the client projects you are assigned. We primarily work on digital platforms, so we are only seeking a designer that has extensive experience designing for digital platforms including website design, branding, social media, email marketing, newsletters, eBooks, infographics, PDFs, and various digital promotional materials.
- Start Date: Immediately
- Where: Remote
- Hours: Varies/Flexible
- Employment Status: Project-Based Independent Contractor
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE (but will not be limited to):
- Supporting our digital graphic design needs including, but not limited to:
- Email graphics
- Social media graphics
- Website design
- eBook design and supporting graphics
- Google Slide branded presentations
- Logo and brand identity
YOU MIGHT DESCRIBE YOURSELF AS:
- A proud feminist
- Open-minded, creative, curious, and always eager to learn
- Detail-oriented and extremely organized
- Proactive and effective communicator
- Team player
- Digital designer and illustrator
- Super fun and, well, people like me
THINGS YOU’VE DONE BEFORE AND WOULD LIKE TO BRING ON OVER TO OUR TEAM
- Sourced and edited photography.
- Created logos, brand style guides, and brand books
- Adhered to organized file naming and file management processes.
- Designed WordPress compatible responsive web designs.
- Designed email and social media headers, graphics, animated graphics, templates, etc.
- Designed long form content such as eBooks, reports, etc.
- Designed infographics and conveyed data/content in compelling visual representation.
- Designed Google Slides webinar/pitch/presentation decks.
- Designed vector based icons and graphics.
- Illustrated digital vector-based graphics.
- Designed/built websites in Webflow (this would be super awesome, but not necessary).
- Worked with:
- Adobe XD / Sketch
- Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Webflow (optional)
THIS WILL NOT BE A GOOD FIT IF YOU
- Don’t care.
- Are not thoughtful, intentional, or curious.
- Don't act with integrity.
- Aren’t interested in being part of a kickass team of badass women.
- Are not a self-motivator.
- Are not a fan of feedback.
- Don't meet deadlines.
- Are a poor communicator.
- Don’t have a desire for continued improvement.
- Don’t like to be accountable for yourself and your actions.
- Like to do the bare minimum and don’t believe in quality work.
- Want to track your time in 15-minute increments.
WHY SHOULD YOU WANT TO WORK WITH US?
- Because we’re awesome, duh!?
- We work hard and play hard.
- You’ll play a super important role in the entire growth and success of the company.
- You’ll work directly with our top leadership team.
- We provide ultimate flexibility working remotely.
- We have an amazing team culture full of smart, talented, kind, funny, wildly impressive women.
- We do work we’re proud of for people who appreciate us with people we’re proud to call our friends.
- As a part-time employee, you’ll earn access to a 401k, with company match, and profit share.
COMPANY COMMUNICATIONS & AVAILABILITY
- You are not expected to be sitting at a computer from 9am to 5pm. However, we will establish a schedule that works for you. Ideally, you’ll be able to check email at least every few hours.
- You are not expected to work on weekends or evenings, however, every once in a while, it might be needed.
- If you’re taking a vacation or know you’ll be out of the “office,” please communicate with your supervisor. This is important to know to factor into deadlines as well. Please update the BCS Team Vacation & OOO Calendar with time you’ll be off the grid.
- You are expected to represent Brainchild Studios in a positive, professional manner and act and speak in a positive way about our team, our work, our clients, and the company as a whole. We work too hard not to say nice things!
- We hope you have fun and enjoy the work you do!
If this sounds like fun and could be a good fit to you, please reach out to email@example.com with a PDF of your resume, what you’d like to learn, what skills you have to share, and why you think you’d be a good fit at Brainchild Studios!